High Quality Preschool in Montgomery, AL
Alabama’s nationally recognized First Class Pre-K is now accepting applications for the 2017-2018 school year. Enrollment is open to all children 4 years (birthday before Sept 1, 2017) old who are residents in the state of Alabama.
First Class: Alabama’s Voluntary Pre-K is part of the Office of School Readiness within our department. First Class Pre-K provides effective, high quality early childhood experiences that prepare Alabama’s children for school success and lifelong learning.
Office of School Readiness defines school readiness as a condition whereby children enter school with:
- An enthusiasm for learning
- An ability to function in a social setting
- Age-appropriate communication and problem solving skills
- Age-appropriate physical and emotional skills, and Optimal health
Important Information for Registration
- Program Name: YMCA of Montgomery
- Site Code: 687965
- Date and Time: March 1 – April 28
- Required Documents: Completed Registration Form and a current utility bill as proof of Alabama residency. Also, a blue immunization form is required before child enters school.
Acceptance to the program is through a random selection process. The registered applicant must meet the residency requirements and complete the essential documents set forth by the program. Children who are eligible for kindergarten are ineligible to register. Children will not be denied participation on the basis of income, sex, race, color, national origin, or disability.