Help Members Of Our Military
We all understand that the members of our military sacrifice so much to help keep our great nation safe. We think that it is our responsibility to return the favor and serve the brave men and women who sacrifice so much for us. The YMCA of Greater Montgomery is doing just that this Veterans Day! We want to give back and make a difference to help the members of our military.
For that reason, we will be doing a few different things to give you the opportunity to give back and help members of our military:
- November 1 through 11, we’re asking all members to donate items to actively serving military so that we can make care packages to send overseas.
- Write a note of thankfulness to all active duty members of our military. Those notes will be put in care packages.
- All active duty, reservists, former, and retired military members will receive a no join fee on Veterans Day, November 11, 2017.
The last day to donate will be on November 11, 2017 and then all care packages collected and assembled will be sent out on November 14th directly to members of our military currently serving overseas. It is our hope that every single member of the YMCA of Greater Montgomery will join us in this effort and give back in order to help members of our military.
Donation items can include:
- Candy (heat resistant)
- Powdered drink mixes
- Food (dry goods and snacks)
- Printed materials
- Pre-paid phone cards
- Disposable cameras
- Battery powered fans or flashlights
- Puzzle books
- Baby Wipes
- Feminine Hygiene Products