The YMCA of Montgomery believes in serving the entire community regardless of ability to pay the full membership or program fee. Financial assistance forms are available at the member service desk and can be downloaded from our website. All assistance is based on need and is kept confidential.
Member Code of Conduct
We expect members of the YMCA of Montgomery to practice our core values by treating every individual with faith, respect, caring, honesty and responsibility. The YMCA staff is committed to providing an atmosphere that is free of offensive and unlawful conduct. Fighting, abusive language, disrespect for property rights of the YMCA or others are examples of inappropriate conduct and may result in suspension or termination of membership and/or volunteer privileges as determined by YMCA staff. We encourage members who observe this type of behavior to report it immediately to a YMCA staff. Every effort will be made to investigate and resolve problems promptly, confidently and effectively.
Members must scan your YMCA Membership Card at the Member Service desk each time you visit. We ask that members who have lost their card to please present a valid photo ID so that membership can be verified. If a card does not scan properly, please have a YMCA staff member verify the card. Cards are not transferable. Please do not allow another individual to use your card. Replacement cards are available for $5.
Visiting Other YMCAs Around the Country
Your membership includes acceptance to over 3000 YMCAs around the country while you are away from home. AWAY stands for Always Welcome at YMCAs. All you have to do is show your YMCA membership card with the AWAY symbol on the back. Some locations charge a small visitor fee. To locate a YMCA in another city visit: www.YMCA.net.
Guests staying within 50 miles of the YMCA may visit the YMCA with a member 2 times per year for a fee of $5 each visit. Out-of-town guests may visit with a member at no charge for up to two weeks. Guests must present a photo ID for admittance to the YMCA.
The YMCA offers gift certificates for classes, memberships and other YMCA activities. Gift certificates are available at the Member Service Desk and are valid for one year from the date of purchase.
Family Locker Rooms
Family locker rooms (where available) are for children and adults. Children up to 6 years old are welcome to accompany a parent in either the men’s or women’s family locker rooms. Locks: Please bring your own lock to secure your belongings while at the YMCA. Locks and belongings left overnight may be removed by YMCA staff.
Proper dress for a family facility is expected. Athletic shoes (no black soles), shirts and shorts are appropriate for gym and work out areas. Shirts and shoes are to be worn at all times except in pool and locker room areas.
The YMCA offers a child watch program at most locations for children from 6 weeks to 11 years old. This is an interactive activity time led by YMCA staff that is age and skill appropriate for children in this age group. Members may participate in child watch for up to two hours a day while parents are on-site. For safety purposes, we ask that the same parent who signs the child in also signs the child out of the program unless written permission is given in advance.
Baby Sitters and Nannies
The YMCA offers a Nanny Pass for members who have full-time nannies or baby sitters who care for their children. The member must sign up for a pass, which allows the nanny (a person over 18 years of age) to accompany children to the YMCA in the absence of the parents. The pass does not add the nanny to the family membership , nor does it allow the nanny to participate in YMCA activities. Families wishing to have the nanny participate in YMCA activities are invited to purchase a membership for them. Youth in Fitness Center Members ages 14 and 15 are allowed to work out in the fitness center with a parent. Members ages 8 to 15 may use the Youth Fitness Center (where available) with a staff member or parental supervision.
Youth in Group Exercise Classes
Youth ages 12 and up may attend most classes. Some classes that use equipment are restricted to 16 years of age and older. Please check with your branch for appropriate classes for your child.
- Joining Fees The YMCA collects a one-time joining fee for all new memberships. The joining fee is good for 30 days once the membership has lapsed. Should you want to join again after 30 days, a new joining fee will be assessed.
- Bank Draft Membership dues are drafted from your bank account each month as long as you are a member of the YMCA. To cancel a membership, please notify the YMCA in writing 30 days in advance. To change bank accounts, please complete a new bank draft authorization form. We ask that members check their bank statements closely each month.
- Credit Card The YMCA accepts most major credit cards for membership.
- Annual payment the YMCA accepts payments for a minimum of 12 months in advance. Once the year has lapsed, the YMCA will send a bill for the next 12 months.
- Membership Termination. To cancel a membership, please visit any YMCA of Montgomery location to complete a membership termination form. All bank drafts require a 30 day written notification.
- Satisfaction Guarantee If you are not completely satisfied with your membership within the first 30 days, we will refund your membership and joining fee. Unused portions of paid annual memberships will be refunded upon request. Joining fees are not refundable.
Swimming Pool Guidelines
- Children under five years of age or those who do not pass the swimming test must be within arms-length of a parent when using the pool.
- Children under eight years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children over eight years of age and not accompanied by a parent must pass a swim proficiency test in order to use the pool.
- Obey lifeguards at all times and swim only when lifeguards are present.
- No running or horseplay.
- Proper bathing suits must be worn at all times
- Please shower before entering pool.
- People who are sick or have infections should not swim for safety reasons.
- Gum, tobacco products, glass or sharp objects are not allowed in pool areas.
- Children who are not yet potty trained are required to wear rubber pants over swim diapers.
- Misconduct, rowdiness and profanity are not acceptable at the YMCA.
- The YMCA may ask those not obeying the guidelines to leave the premises.
- Please check your local pool for additional rules. Everyone under the age of sixteen must take a swim test to access pools. Anyone that does not pass the swim test must wear a certified personal flotation device. Members under 12 are to be accompanied by a responsible adult at all times or be in a supervised YMCA program or activity. Please note that some areas of the YMCA have age restrictions such as locker rooms and weight rooms. Please check with the Member Service staff if you have questions.
Lost and Found
All items will be held in the lost and found for one week and then donated to a local charity if left unclaimed. Please note that the YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
In keeping with YMCA Healthy Families, smoking and tobacco products, the use of any illegal drugs or alcohol is not permitted on YMCA premises or at YMCA events.