After School Care
Kids participating in Before and After School Care learn valuable social and scholastic skills in a safe, fun, and supervised environment. The Y’s Before and After School Care program offers a constructive balance of counselor led activities and free time for child exploration. Daily theme activities include arts and crafts, science/math, nutrition/wellness, presentation and literacy. There is always time for homework, a healthy snack for kids, and outside time on the playground.
- Background checks are run on all staff before they work with children.
- All our staff receive extensive ongoing training to ensure the best possible experience for you and your child.
- We offer a 15: 1 student to staff ratio.
- We offer all daycare for most school holidays and professional development days.
- Children are kept interested while having fun with our imaginative academic activities.
- We always encourage healthy eating habits, physical activity and provide nutritious snacks.
- We focus on helping and improving literacy.
- We offer homework assistance.
Typical Day's Schedule
- Healthy snack
- Homework time
- Enrichment Activities
- Playground time
Before and After school Registration
Registration fee varies per center. Cost of the Goodtimes Afterschool Program varies by center and by grade level.
***YMCA of Greater Montgomery only accepts debit or credit cards for our Afterschool programs weekly drafts.
Our curriculum Areas
- Devotion: Every day will begin with a trivia fact that ties into biblical teaching.
- Homework: A time is set aside each day for your child to complete their homework. While our staff cannot tutor your child, they will be available to answer any questions or to help with challenging assignments.
- Math and Science Enrichment: Children will discover the power of math and science while solving logic problems and exploring nature.
- Creative Arts: Children will be given the opportunity to express their creativity during a variety of art projects.
- Extracurricular Activities: At some locations, children may participate in music classes, Mandarin Chinese language and culture classes, art lessons and weekly bible lessons with the Good News Child Evangelists.
- Performing Arts: Children will have the means to express feelings, release energy and build self-esteem through dance and performing in fun, theatre activities and games.
- Physical Fitness: Children will be given time each day to play games that will teach the values of fairness and teamwork.
- Social Responsibility: Children will learn manners and be given opportunities to serve the community through service projects.
- Reading and Language Enrichment: Children will spend time reading, as well as experiencing the pleasures of listening to stories being read to them. Dun activity sheets, centered on words or parts of speech, will enhance the language lessons they receive during the school day.
- Nutrition and Health: Every child will receive a USADA approved snack and 100% fresh juice or fresh fruit every day. We follow the healthy snack regulations outlined by the State Department of Education. Children will learn about the importance of healthy food choices and lifestyles.
- Financial Assistance: YMCA of Greater Montgomery will assist in any individual or family that would like to participate, but cannot afford the fee when financial assistance dollars are not available. Financial Assistance is awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Funds are limited and applicants must be submitted by July 15.
Provided at the following locations:
***Wares Ferry Elementary will not be taking pre-K kids for their afterschool program.**
Register For 2021-2022 Before & After School at Cleveland Avenue
Register For 2021-2022 After School at East Family YMCA
Register For 2021-2022 Before & After School at Goodtimes
Register For 2021-2022 Before & After School at Grandview
Register For 2021-2022 After School at Wetumpka Family YMCA
Register for 2021-2022 Before and After School at these Catholic Schools