Lifeguards protect their community by preventing, recognizing, and responding to water-related emergencies. In order to get a job at most facilities, you need to become certified, and most employers look for American Red Cross Certification. Obtain your 2-year certification by taking a Lifeguarding course from the American Red Cross through the YMCA of Greater Montgomery. Courses take as little as 30 hours and emphasize hands-on training, supported by classroom instruction.
- Participants must be 15-years old on or by the last day of training
- Participants must be able to swim 300 yards with a combination of freestyle and breaststroke without rest
- Participants must have proof of ID on 1st day of class
- Participants must be able to tread water without arms for 2 minutes straight
- Participants must complete a timed brick test
Participants must wear appropriate bathing suits for water skills, shorts for men and 1 piece suits for women.
- Cost for Members: $200.00
- Cost for Non-Members: $250.00
- Age Range: 15 and up
Open to everyone from ages 15 to 99. Participants must be 16-years old to be considered for employment at the YMCA
*Choose the session most convenient for your schedule.
*The class hours will be 28 hours or more
Bell Road YMCA: For more information contact Morgan Burch at (334) 271-4343 or [email protected]
Bell Road YMCA
Bell Road YMCA certification
- Program Date: August 10 – August 14, 2020
- Time and Days: Monday – Friday (9:00 am – 4:00 pm)
- Closing registration date: August 7, 2020
Grandview Family YMCA
Grandview Family YMCA Session Date:
- Registration dates: July 28, 2020 – August 4, 2020 (5:00pm – 8:30pm)
- Program Dates: August 5 – 7, 2020
- Days: Monday – Friday (12:00 pm – 7:00 pm)