Montgomery YMCA Barracudas
The Montgomery YMCA Barracudas has been the premier swim team in The River Region since 1978. We provide all youth the opportunity to participate in a year round competitive USA/ YMCA Swimming sports team that is dedicated to building athletes who are committed, have strong character, and show great attitude. We offer a wide range of groups from the beginning swimmer all the way to national qualifiers. The Montgomery YMCA Barracudas aims in the development of character, skills, and desire necessary for each swimmer to maximize his/her potential and goals through swimming. Our staff is in constant pursuit to aim in the development of physical fitness, self-esteem, and self-discipline, which assist each swimmer in his/her personal goals and athletic potential.
What does it mean to become a Barracuda?
- Integrity on and off the pool deck
- Commitment in all things
- Development of strong character
- Positive attitudes in the pursuance of self-made goals
- Goal setting standards short/long term
- Achieving excellence in education and swimming
- Developing friendships that last a lifetime
The YMCA mission is to put Judeo-Christian principles into practice through programs that build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all.
If you would like to schedule time to meet with Coach Ryan Klages, please call (334)272-3390 or email [email protected]
Barracudas Program Fees
Parent Packet for Barracudas Swim Team
The Barracudas Program fees for the 2020-2021 season are as follows:
2020-2021 Registration fee: $50
2020-2021 Swim Fee: $74
2020-2021 Program Fee: $125 (Please note this fee is setup in-house)
Join the Montgomery YMCA Barracudas Swim Team
Want to dive further into swimming? Have you thought about joining the Montgomery YMCA Barracudas?
The Barracudas provides 4 different training programs:
- Bronze: Introduces new swimmers to competitive swimming. They will learn the foundations of all 4 swimming strokes
- Silver: Swimmers here have moved passed the basic fundamentals and into training for competition. This group emphasizes racing, endurance, and swimming efficiently.
- Gold: Swimmers take the next leap in competitive swimming. Physical training intensifies as more time is spent in the water. The goal of Gold is to transition strong swimmers into elite competitors.
- Platinum: The premier training group of the Barracudas. This group requires a greater commitment to the sport and the team. The ultimate outcome of this group is to compete on a high level into college.
Register for Barracudas Swim Team
Pre-Team Swim Team: $60
Bronze Swim Team: $80
Silver Swim Team: $101
Gold Swim Team: $132
Platinum Swim Team: $155
High School Swim Team: $160