Reach & Rise™
Inspire a Future: Become a Mentor
Our YMCA is pleased to begin offering the Reach & Rise™ Mentoring Program. Reach & Rise™ is a national YMCA program designed to build a better future for youth by helping them reach their full potential through the support of caring adults. Reach & Rise™ supports youth ages 6 to 17 who lack role models and are in communities challenged by poverty, crime and single-parent households, among other social issues.
Why Be a Mentor?
- Provide youth with a POSITIVE, growth-inducing relationship
- Be a SOLUTION to the problem
- Move youth from risk to RESILIENCY
- Have a DIRECT impact on your local community
- Make a DIFFERENCE in the life of someone in need
- Mentor Requirements:
- Must be at least 23 years old
- Complete 15+ hours training (provided over 4-5 weeks)
- Pass background security screening
- Meet with youth 1-3 hours each week (flexible – scheduled by mentor, youth and youth’s family)
- Make a 1 year commitment to the program
Who does the Program Serve?
6-17 year olds who lack role models and are challenged by poverty, single-parent households, and other social issues and who could benefit from a meaningful relationship with an adult. Youth will participate in projects, field trips and other engaging activities.