Fishing Tournament in Montgomery, AL
Whether you are a first time fisher or on your seventh championship, we have a tournament for you! Join us Saturday, March 25, 2017 on beautiful Lake Jordan for the 4th Annual Fishing Tournament benefiting YMCA Annual Support Campaign. Tournament hours are safe daylight blast off. Weigh in begins at 3:00pm.
- March 25, 2017
- Wetumpka Family YMCA
- 1st Place – $2,000
- 2nd Place—$1,000
- 3rd Place- $750
- Payouts 1st—8th place
- $100.00 Entry Fee Per Boat
- Large Mouth, Spotted and Red Eye Bass
- $10.00 Entry Fee for Big Fish Payback
- Put in at the Lake Jordan State Ramp
- Pre-register by 12:00 pm on March 24, 2017 and be entered into a drawing for $100.
- Tournament hours are safe daylight blast off – 3:00 pm weigh in (Must check in at state ramp by 3pm).
- All contestants must wear a U.S. Coast Guard approved life jacket while gas engine is in operation (kill switch must be attached while motor is running). All contestants must obey Alabama Water Safety Rules and Alabama Game and Fish Regulations.
- No alcoholic beverages will be allowed during tournament hours or 6 hours prior to the tournament.
- Five (5) fish limit per boat. Only Large Mouth, Spotted Bass & Red Eye Bass. 12”minimum length.
- All site fish must be hooked inside of the mouth (no snatching, no trolling, no live bait).
- There will be a one pound penalty per minute late to weigh-in up to 10 minutes. After 10 minutes you will be disqualified.
- Any boater weighing in a short fish will lose the short fish.
- Fish must be alive. There will be a 0.25 pound penalty for each dead fish brought to the scales.
- This is strictly a catch and release tournament. Only dead fish may be taken away from the tournament.
- Do not stop within 50 yards of another boater already fishing (courtesy, safety and sportsmanship).
- Live wells will be inspected prior to the start of the tournament (must be working live well).
- Teams must have no more than two anglers to a boat (may be any age).
- Should inclement weather arise, take appropriate action for your safety.
- Tournament Directors, Montgomery YMCA, or any sponsors will not be held liable for any accidents that may cause loss of life, property damage, or result in injury.
- All discrepancies will be settled by tournament directors.
- Winners are subject to a polygraph test.
- If you have paid more than $1,000.00 entry fee to fish a tournament, your entry will be at the discretion of the Tournament Director.
**May sign up morning of the tournament being at the launch site at 4 AM- Entry fee must be cash or check. Mail Pre-registration by March 1, 2017 to Wetumpka YMCA, 200 Red Eagle Dr. Wetumpka, Al 36092. (Make checks payable to Wetumpka YMCA.)