When you are involved with the Y, you help bring about lasting personal and social change. Whether you want to nurture the potential of children and teens, improve your or your family’s health and well-being, or give back and support your neighbors, your involvement with the Y will positively impact those in your community.
AIM Center and free introductory orientations
The AIM (Adults in motion) Center has the latest in circuit training equipment. It is specially designed for a 30-minute workout, beginners and seniors. Contact us for an orientation appointment.
Joining the mileage club is a great way to record your progress, compete with fellow members, and enjoy being active. At the end of each calendar year, a celebration for the members is held.
The YMCA has certified trainers on staff to work with individuals one-on-one. Trainers meet with each client and create a program designed to meet each individual’s specific needs. Additional fees to apply.
- 3-Lane 25 YD Outdoor (seasonal) Pool
- Member lounge- Chappy’s Sandwiches and drinks available, Complimentary coffee.
- 3 Exercise Areas
Cybex equipment, free weights, cardio theater, treadmills, ellipticals, arc trainers, and bikes can all be found at this facility.
Men’s and Ladies’ Locker rooms
Rentable lockers, full size day lockers, towels and hair dryers furnished, steam room, sauna, showers, flat screen TVs.
New Locker Policy: Effective March 1, 2015
Any new locker agreements will have two options:
Y Locker Monthly Fee: $10.00/month (general lock only)
Y Locker Plus Monthly Fee: $15.00/month (includes laundry service)
All current locker agreements will be increased from $8.00 to $10.00 per month and will be grandfathered in with the laundry service
- Nu-step recumbents
- Recumbent Bikes
- Airdyne Bikes
- Upright Bike
- Rowing Machine
- Cybex Strength Training Circuit
- Stretching and Core Training Area
- Medicine Balls, Hand weights
- Full-size Basketball Gym
- Main Wellness Center with Cardio Theater
- 30 Cardio Machines including: Star Trac Treadmills, Recumbent Bikes, Pre-Core Ellipticals, Cybex Arc Trainers,Upright bikes, Air-Dynes, Stair-Masters, 20 Cybex Selectorized
- Strength Training Machines, Free Weights, Weight Bars, Benches, Cable Cross Machine, Smith Press, Squat Racks, Heavy Punching Bag
- 4 Racquetball/Handball Courts
The Core Zone is the Functional Fitness Center of the Downtown YMCA. The focal point of the center is the PurMotion™ training system providing simple highly effective fitness and performance training options which allow you to perform exercises in a safe, unrestricted manner, working with your body’s natural movement and flow. You customize your workout, rather than simply follow the mechanics of a traditionally-designed gym machine. You can grow with PurMotion™ as your skill set grows, from beginner to professional athlete, obtaining unlimited results. We offer classes and general member usage times after an initial mandatory one hour orientation.
- Main Group Exercise Room with Stage
- Kettlebells, Exercise Balls, Yoga/Pilates mats, Hand Weights
- Group Cycling/Spinning Room
- Hammer Strength Equipment
- Indoor Walking/Running Track
Children Under 16 must be supervised by a parent; may only use gym and pool. They may not enter 2nd floor fitness center unless they have gone through an orientation. Other restrictions may apply.