BIKE ACROSS THE Y BELL ROAD YMCA
- Receive a Bike across the YMCA miles card from the welcome center or instructor at the Bell Road location only.
- You can count as many miles from any of the YMCA’s of Greater Montgomery
- Winner with the most miles will receive a YMCA goodie basket
- Cards must be turned into the Bell Road YMCA
- Eligibility: Open to everyone
FAMILY FITNESS FEST wetumpka ymca Wilson ymca
November 21 2020
FAMILY FITNESS FEST INFORMATION:
- Time: 10:00 am – 11:00am
- Game Time: 11:00 am – 12:00pm
- Events: Sack Races, Egg Spoon Relay, Jump the River, Family Obstacle Course and more.
*In case of rain, Wilson event will be relocated to the Bell Road YMCA
YMCA WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
November 17 2020
The YMCA’s 5-week Weight Management Program is designed to help people seeking a healthier weight achieve their goals by making small, modest changes to their daily behaviors. This program helps participants build skills for successful lifestyle changes. This program will be consist of 2 sessions per week. One session will be administered via Zoom or Facebook Live and the other session will be a 1 on 1 meeting with the Weight Management Coach at your branch.
- 5 weeks / 2 sessions per week
- 18 years or older to participate
- Provides tools, knowledge, and group support to help you develop healthy eating and an exercise plan that works for you.
- Start Date: November 17, 2020
- Cost: $20
- Participating Branches: Bell Road, Downtown, Wetumpka, Grandview, Wilson, East, and Kershaw
POLAR BEAR TRIATHLON BELL ROAD YMCA
Program Date: January 16, 2021
Registration ends on January 13, 2021
Training starts October 19, 2020
Join us for our 3rd annual Polar Bear Triathlon at Bell Road YMCA!!! Splash, Swim, and Dash with us!
-10 minute swim
-30 minute Indoor Bike
-1 mile treadmill walk/run
Eligibility: Open to everyone
Registration Fee: $25
YMCA 5K CHALLENGE
february 27: Miles for Smiles 5K & 10K, Downtown YMCA.
April 17: YMCA Strides For Kids 5K Dash, SOCCER COMPLEX
tbd: WYLD In The Woods Trail 5K Run, gRANDVIEW YMCA
December 11: Candy Cane 5K, WETUMPKA YMCA
The YMCA 5K River Region Challenge is a series of four premier YMCA 5K races: Miles for Smiles 5K & 10K, The YMCA Strides For Kids 5K Dash, WYLD in the Woods 5K Trail Run and Candy Cane 5K. When you finish all four 5k races, you will earn a YMCA 5K River Region Challenge medal and t-shirt recognizing your accomplishment for finishing the challenge! No extra charge to sign up for the challenge, but you must register for each of the four races AND the challenge; registration for the 5k Challenge has to be completed before running in the first race.
Candy Cane 5k Wetumpka YMCA
- Location: Wetumpka Middle School
- Time: 8:00 am
- Cost: $30. After November 27, price increases to $40
- Registration dates: Now – Dec. 11, 2021.
- Discounts: $5.00 off for First Responders & Military (in house registration only)
MILES FOR SMILES 5K &10K Downtown YMCA
Date: february 27, 2021
Join us for our first annual Miles for Smiles 5K & 10K!
Sprint into spring with this fun run! It is for all fitness levels. Proceeds benefit our Annual Giving Campaign; and YMCA Camp Chandler through scholarships for children to attend the various camp options we offer.
- Date: Saturday, February 27, 2021
- Time: 9:00 am (10k race), 9:05 (5k race)
- Cost: $30 before February 1 and $35 after.
- Professional Chip Timing by About Time Event.
- Register at any YMCA branch, online or ATE-timing.com
- Map of the course is available.
- Part of the 5K River Region Challenge 2021
*T-shirt not guaranteed if registering after February 18, 2021.
Virtual option dates between February 20 – February 26 2021.
Virtual race is excluded from on the day of podium prizes
Questions? Contact Lila Bowers at 334.269.4362 or [email protected]
YMCA Strides For Kids 5K Dash
EMORY FOLMAR YMCA SOCCER COMPLEX
Date: April 16, 2022
5K and 1 Mile Run to be held at the Emory Folmar YMCA Soccer Complex. All 5K participants will receive a dri-fit shirt. Walk-in/Late registrations are welcome (but not guaranteed a shirt on race day). There will also be a 1 Mile Fun Run (no t-shirts provided with the Fun Run). The event will be held rain or shine. Proceeds benefit the Annual Support Campaign.
Register for 5k dash
Register for 1 Mile fun run
LES MILLS LAUNCH PARTY
Date: April 19 - 24, 2021
Ready for the next level?
April 19-24, 2021
New Les Mills Classes—you don’t want to miss it!
• BodyPump 116
• Sh’Bam 42
• Sprint 22
• Les Mills Core 41
We will begin offering Core classes on Group Ex Schedule.
Bell Road YMCA
Event Date: June 12, 2021
Registration ends on June 1, 2021
Join us for Summer Gump Sun Triathlon at the Bell Road YMCA!!! Swim, Bike, Run/Walk
• Date: June 12, 2021
• Time: 8:00 am
• Cost: $30.00
• Registration deadline: June 1
• With registration, you will receive a T-shirt and medal
• Training will start March 1
• Register online or in house
• Can run or walk the 2 miles; outside or on the treadmill
• For swim, how many laps; for bike, how many miles—in the allotted time
• Meet at outdoor pool for Tri
Eligibility: Ages 12 – 99
Registration Fee: $30
Bell Road YMCA
FIT FOR THE YOUNG AT HEART
Event Date: August 27, 2021
Come shake it at your own pace! ALL FITNESS LEVELS WELCOME– CANES, CHAIRS, WALKERS, WHEELCHAIRS! Let’s make this event bigger than last year!
- Date: Friday, August 27, 2021
- Time: 8:30 AM – 10:30 AM
- Admission: FREE
Light refreshments will be served.
For more information, contact Marcie Peake at 334.271.4343 or [email protected]
Rock N Roll a Thon
Bell Road YMCA
AUGUST 28, 2021
A non-competitive group event held indoors at the Bell Road Y. If you can ride a bike, swim a lap, or shake your hips you can participate!
This event is fun with a purpose. We strengthen our community through donations provided by our Annual Support Campaign.
These dollars help us provide a positive impact on children, families, and this community.
When you participate in the ROCK ‘N ROLL-A-THON, 100% of the proceeds go directly toward providing life-changing experiences that will have a meaningful impact right in our community.