Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse backgrounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
Needed: Summer Counselors, Lifeguards, Member Service Staff, Bus Drivers, Preschool Teachers
Current Open Jobs
Pre-school Teacher (afternoon shift)
Branch: East Family YMCA
Salary: $8.00 per hour
This position provides direction for the children in the classroom, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging. Conducts and organizes class activities. Models and promotes positive behavior, attitude and language among children, parents and staff. Promotes safety as an overriding objective in all programming efforts. Monitor the children, classroom, and their activities. Supervise breakfast and lunch (and snack in full day program). Afternoon hours 12:30pm – 5:30pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Implements curriculum within the established guidelines.
- Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Follows all procedures and standards.
- Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
- Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
- Maintains program site and equipment.
- Maintains required program records.
- Attends staff meetings and staff training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have some child care experience
- Must be at least 19 years old
- High School or General Education Diploma (G.E.D.)
- Experience with children ranging in age 6 weeks to 5 years old.
- Knowledge of the needs, and dedication to the children in our program
- An ability to communicate in a positive way with parents
- CPR certification required or must be obtained within 30 days of hire
Submit application to Ruth Davis at [email protected] or call East Family YMCA 334.272.3390 or in person East Family YMCA, 3407 Pelzer Avenue, Montgomery AL 36109.
The YMCA of Greater Montgomery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Employment is subject to a background check.
Branch: Bell Road
Deadline: Immediately (until filled)
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Interacts with new and existing members to help them in achieving their health and well-being goals. Creates a welcoming environment for all members of all backgrounds and abilities. Conducts Personal Training sessions with clients
- Provide a high degree of service through a professional relationship with members in regard to their needs, concerns, and questions about the YMCA, its programs and its mission.
- Answers questions from members to support them in achieving their goals related to healthy living.
- Maintain familiarity with current fitness trends, protocol, methods and programming, and ability to communicate and educate members.
- Maintains neat and orderly fitness facilities, (plates are racked, equipment is wiped clean and sanitized, etc.).
- Perform initial orientations with members and administer required paperwork prior and during fitness orientation.
- Through eye contact, body language, voice and general presence, the trainer must always communicate accessibility to members, by being attentive to the client at all times, by making eye contact, and providing positive reinforcement to the client.
- Conduct safe, effective and fulfilling personal training sessions for members based on their goals and capabilities, and other relevant information.
- Responsible for coordinating directly and effectively with clients when scheduling personal training sessions and in times when schedule changes are needed. Responsible for strictly adhering to training session package expiration dates.
- Follows payroll procedures and is accurate in recording work hours.
- Demonstrate the ability to relate to and work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Practices risk management by anticipating potential safety hazards and taking appropriate action to reduce or eliminate the risk while reacting quickly and effectively to any emergency.
- Participate in appropriate staff meetings and training activities and maintain CPR/ First Aid and all relevant certificates required for the role.
- Continuing education must be upheld in regard to knowledge of anatomy, physiology, kinesiology and biomechanics and their relationship to the development of strength, cardiovascular, and movement patterns within the body.
- Actively participate and support the Annual Campaign.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Current Personal Training Certification card/certificate – Accepted certifications are:
- ACE American Council on Exercise
- ACSM American College of Sports Medicine
- ACTION Certification
- CSCCa-Collegiate Strength and Conditioning Coaches association
- IFPA – International Fitness Professional Association
- PTA Global
- The Cooper Institute
- NASM National Academy of Sports management
- NCSF National Council on Strength and Fitness
- NFPT National Federation of Professional Trainers
- NSCA National Strength and Conditioning Association
- AAPTE Academy of Applied Personal training and Education
- AFPA American Fitness Professionals and Associates
- NCCPT National Council of Certified Personal trainers
- NETA National Exercise Trainers Association
- NESTA National Exercise and Sports Trainers Association
Education and/or Experience
High school graduate or equivalent preferred. Previous experience preferred.