The YMCA of Montgomery offers a variety of classes to help you achieve better health, manage stress and lift your spirits. The long-term benefits include lowering blood pressure and cholesterol levels, helping control blood sugar and increasing energy levels. Part of our mission is to help you in your quest for health. Our mission is to build a strong you.
Get fit together!
Experience the incredible energy that only Group Exercise classes can give you. Instructors lead you through the workouts providing you effective, fun and easy-to-follow steps. The YMCA of Montgomery offers a wide array of classes at including cycling, kickboxing, yoga, Pilates, Zumba and more! Group Exercise classes are FREE for Y members. All of our fitness classes are taught by experienced, nationally-certified fitness instructors.
Group exercise classes include:
- Zumba Fitness: Unique Latin inspired music and dance steps create a dynamic, exciting and effective fitness class.
- Yoga: Teaches you fundamental poses with an emphasis on proper alignment.
- Pilates: This class focuses on strengthening and lengthening the body with an emphasis on the core muscle groups.
- Group Cycling: A modern spin on indoor cycling, choreographed to inspirational music.
- Aqua Fitness: Medium- to high-intensity workouts. Water aerobics classes range from gentle water yoga to intense kick-boxing routines.
- BodyPump: A cardio strength workout challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight-room exercise
- Core & Stretch: Concentrating on your core muscle groups and flexibility.
- Beast Mode: A martial arts workout that challenges your cardio, strength, and agility.
- Bodhi: Bodhi is a rope suspension style work out that pits you against gravity. It works on all cores in your body.
Quarterly Membership Incentives
- Program Dates: January 20 – February 29
The Biggest Mover is a 6 week program that is designed to get moving to kickstart you “moving” towards reaching your fitness goals. Members will be challenge to complete 120 minutes of physical activity per week for 6 weeks. If the members complete the required minutes of physical over the 6 week period they will receive a YMCA Backpack.
Spring Into Fitness
- Program Dates: April 9 – May 18
Spring into fitness will be a 6 week program to make sure members are reaching a healthy range of physical activity per week. Members will be challenge to complete 3 workouts per week for 6 weeks. If the members complete the required number of workouts 6 week period they will receive a YMCA stainless steel tumbler.
Y Summer Miles
- Program Dates: June 1 – July 10
Y Summer Miles will require each participant to complete a total of 72 miles in 6 weeks. At the end of the 6 weeks those that have reached 72 miles will receive a Y Summer Miles T-shirt.
Fall Football Fit Mix
- Program Dates: October 5 – November 14
Our Annual Fall Football Fit Mix runs for 6 weeks. Members can sign up with any Wellness Coach, Group Exercise Class, Membership Connector, or by using the App. Staff will then assign each member a card. To be entered into the raffle drawing a card must have all helmets initialed by a YMCA staff and member must turn in completed card to the front desk before member may receive a new card. Only cards that are completed will be eligible for contest drawing.
Past prizes include: gift cards, Big screen TVs, Patio Grills, Coolers, and so much more!! You don’t want to miss out on this member incentive opportunity!