ROCK STEADY BOXING BELL ROAD YMCA
- Coordination: foot movements combined with arm movements
- Walking and gait activities
- Strength training with light weights, resistance tubing and body bars
- Obstacles-stepping over objects forward and back as well as lateral movements
- Balance training with weight shifting activities as well as static balance
- Fine motor skills with games such as Operation, stringing beads, buttoning, etc.
- Cognition-remembering sequences, games like Simon Says
- Flexibility-stretches and yoga type activities
- Core work-seated or on the mat
- Voice activation-reading tongue twisters, yelling favorite food, singing songs like Row, Row, Row your boat.
- Program date January 4 – December 31, 2021
- Days: Monday – Thursday
- Time: 11:30am-12:45pm
- Monthly Cost: $25 Members; $50 Non-Members
- Daily Rate: $10 Members; $15 Non-Members
NOTE: You must have a diagnosis of Parkinson’s by a doctor; then an assessment will be completed by a Rock Steady Coach.
For more information contact Marcie Peake at 334.271.4343 or [email protected]
Other Registration Months
FAMILY FITNESS FEST wetumpka ymca Wilson ymca
November 21 2020
FAMILY FITNESS FEST INFORMATION:
- Time: 10:00 am – 11:00am
- Game Time: 11:00 am – 12:00pm
- Events: Sack Races, Egg Spoon Relay, Jump the River, Family Obstacle Course and more.
*In case of rain, Wilson event will be relocated to the Bell Road YMCA
YMCA WEIGHT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
November 17 2020
The YMCA’s 5-week Weight Management Program is designed to help people seeking a healthier weight achieve their goals by making small, modest changes to their daily behaviors. This program helps participants build skills for successful lifestyle changes. This program will be consist of 2 sessions per week. One session will be administered via Zoom or Facebook Live and the other session will be a 1 on 1 meeting with the Weight Management Coach at your branch.
- 5 weeks / 2 sessions per week
- 18 years or older to participate
- Provides tools, knowledge, and group support to help you develop healthy eating and an exercise plan that works for you.
- Start Date: November 17, 2020
- Cost: $20
- Participating Branches: Bell Road, Downtown, Wetumpka, Grandview, Wilson, East, and Kershaw