SAFETY AROUND WATER
71% of the World is Water Children Are 100% Curious
Teaching children how to be safe around water is not a luxury; it is a necessity. The YMCA’s Safety Around Water program can help you make sure they learn essential water safety skills, which can open up a world of possibilities for them to satisfy their curiosity safely.
What Is Safety Around Water?
Through learning how to perform a sequenced set of skills over four lessons of 30 minutes each, the risk of drowning is reduced, giving your child confidence they need around water.
A typical session includes:
- Exercises to help kids adjust to being in water
- Instruction in “Jump, Push, Turn, Grab” and “Swim, Float, Swim,” two skill sets kids can use if they unexpectedly find themselves in the water
- Specific safety topics, like what to do if you see someone in the water who needs help
- Fun activities that reinforce skills
Help Keep Your Children Safe
Drowning can happen nearly anywhere with standing water. But, as a parent or caregiver, you can’t keep your children sidelined. You need to equip them with the tools they need to be confident in and around water so they don’t lose out on the health benefits of exercise, the opportunities to bond with family and friends and the sense of accomplishment when they learn new skills.
Enroll in a YMCA Safety Around Water Program Today!
Bell Road YMCA
- Program Date: May 28th – May 31st
- Registration Dates: April 15th – May 27th 2019
- Time: 9:00am – 9:45am
- Time: 5:30pm – 6:15pm
Cost: Free with Online Promo Code: SAW (All Caps)
Use Promo code “SAW” to register your child!
Ys across the country are taking part in the YMCA Safety Around Water Program, available to all kids and families.
For more information, contact Eric Guttensohn at 334.271.4343 or [email protected].
Content source: YMCA.net